I’ve made these rice balls in the past following the original recipe, but I’ve always wanted to try and make a healthier version. I was so excited when my mother-in-law surprised me with an air fryer for Christmas. It took me a couple of tries to get them exactly right, but I finally nailed it!
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 3 cups of cooked organic brown rice (I cheat and use Trader Joe’s Frozen Organic Brown Rice, just 3 minutes to cook in microwave)
- ½ cup organic broccoli, cooked and chopped
- ¾ to 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- extra-virgin olive oil cooking spray
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, parmesan cheese, dried parsley, sea salt and black pepper. Stir in cooked brown rice and cooked chopped broccoli.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Scoop rice mixture into balls, I use a 2-inch scoop.
- Coat with extra virgin olive oil and then cover with breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Spray with EVOO cooking spray and place basket in the air fryer.
- Cook at 400℉ for 4 minutes, flip rice balls, spray again with EVOO and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!!
Recipe Note: If your air fryer is not large enough to place rice balls in a single layer, it’s best to make them in separate batches so that the rice balls get crispy on all sides.
adapted from All Recipes