Serves: 8 (approximately 24 balls)
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 3 cups of cooked organic brown rice (I cheat and use Trader Joe’s Frozen Organic Brown Rice, just 3 minutes to cook in microwave)
- ½ cup organic broccoli, cooked and chopped
- ¾ to 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- extra-virgin olive oil cooking spray
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, parmesan cheese, dried parsley, sea salt and black pepper. Stir in cooked brown rice and cooked chopped broccoli.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Scoop rice mixture into balls, I use a 2-inch scoop.
- Coat with extra virgin olive oil and then cover with breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Spray with EVOO cooking spray and place basket in the air fryer.
- Cook at 400℉ for 4 minutes, flip rice balls, spray again with EVOO and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!!
Recipe Note: If your air fryer is not large enough to place rice balls in a single layer, it’s best to make them in separate batches so that the rice balls get crispy on all sides.
adapted from All Recipes
I’ve made these rice balls in the past following the original recipe, but I’ve always wanted to try and make a healthier version.
It took me a couple of tries to get them exactly right, but I finally nailed it!