Tacos were on the menu every week when my kids were growing up. Often when we’d run out of taco shells and tortillas, I would put the taco meat on pasta, it became another one of our favorite meals! I was really missing it once I chose to eliminate gluten and wheat from my diet. I am loving all the new alternative pastas that are coming out. Two of my favorite Trader Joe’s pastas are their Organic Brown Rice & Quinoa Fusilli, which is a perfect replacement for most dishes and their Organic Black Bean Rotini which taste great in Mexican dishes. Taco Tuesday can’t come soon enough!
- Trader Joe’s Organic Black Bean Rotini, 1 package
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- Your favorite Taco seasoning (I use Simply Organic Taco Seasoning)
Optional Toppings: (choose one or more)
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- salsa or pico de galo
- ready-made organic guacamole (I love Wholly Guacamole, no cilantro! I have that gene that makes it taste like soap… yuck!)
- sour cream
- Prepare pasta and taco meat per package directions.
- Top with one or more choices from the optional toppings list. Enjoy!!