These are a delicious low-carb version of your traditional crab cake that is normally full of breadcrumbs, replaced with almond flour. Made these for my husband and he said they are the best he has ever had. Pretty great review from the guy who doesn’t like nuts!!
- 1 large pasture raised egg
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (I use Woodstock brand, it’s sugar-free)
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (I use Trader Joe’s brand, it’s sugar-free)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos
- 1 pound Chicken of the Sea Premium lump crabmeat
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup avocado oil, for frying
- Whisk together egg and mayonnaise.
- Add scallions, Old Bay seasoning, Dijon mustard, dried parsley, lemon juice and liquid aminos. Mix well.
- Sort through crabmeat in strainer to ensure that there are no shells.
- Fold crabmeat in to egg mixture gently not to break up crabmeat until well blended.
- Gently fold in almond flour.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 30 – 60 minutes.
- Scoop in to 4 ounce balls for 4 patties (can also make smaller for more).
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the crabmeat balls and flatten with a spatula. Pan-fry for 4 -5 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with cocktail sauce or I love with G Hughes Smokehouse Sugar-free BBQ Sauce. Enjoy!
adapted from Simply Keto Cookbook by Suzanne Ryan