I love one skillet meals! This quick and simple recipe can be used as the base for many other tasty combinations, just substitute the beef for any of the other proteins listed below.
- 1 pound thinly sliced grass-fed sirloin or other stir-fry beef
- ¼ cup gluten-free soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons packed brown sugar (I use Swerve for sugar-free)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot flour/starch
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red bell pepper and 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced (see recipe note)
- finely ground sea salt or kosher salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add beef, season with salt, and cook until cooked through and seared on all sides, about 8 minutes. Remove steak to plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon remaining oil and peppers to skillet. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and ginger (optional) and cook stirring until fragrant.
- Return beef to skillet and pour add prepared sauce. Cook stirring, until the sauce is glossy about 2 minutes more.
- Eat alone or serve over your favorite rice. Enjoy!!
Recipe Note: Here are some other yummy combinations…
- 1 pound organic free-range chicken (cut into thin medallion size pieces)
- 1 pound wild caught shrimp
- I substitute Trader Joes Fire Roasted Peppers and Onions for a quick alternative to fresh peppers.
adapted from Delish