- Trader Giotto’s Frozen Organic Riced Cauliflower, 1 bag (defrosted, see recipe note)
- 6 ounces organic baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- finely ground sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat extra-virgin olive in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms and sauté for approx. 4 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add defrosted riced cauliflower and continue to cook until cauliflower is tender.
- Stir in butter, parmesan cheese, dried parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve alone or as a side dish. Enjoy!!
Recipe Note: I prefer my cauliflower rice very soft, that is why I like to use frozen instead of fresh riced cauliflower. When time allows, I will defrost it in the fridge for at least a day or two before preparing. If necessary, press cauliflower in a colander to remove any excess water before adding to pan.
There is a little Italian restaurant in Manhattan called Zia Maria’s. They make the BEST, Risotto Funghi (Mushroom Risotto)! This recipe is my rendition with a healthy twist.