This is absolutely the BEST Crustless Quiche recipe I’ve ever had and I’ve tried many! I do not have it often now that I avoid dairy but, when I allow myself to splurge, it’s so worth it! See recipe note below for other yummy combinations.
- 8 slices nitrate-free bacon, cooked until crispy and diced
- 10 whole pasture raised eggs
- 2 cups Jarlsberg cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- butter or cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Add heavy cream, sea salt and pepper to eggs and whisk to combine.
- Stir in bacon and cheese.
- Grease 9 ½ to 10- inch round pan with butter or cooking spray. Pour in egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!!
Recipe Note: Here are some other yummy combinations…
- Add 5 ounces chopped organic baby spinach and 1 cup chopped organic baby portobello mushrooms. Sauté before adding to egg mixture.
- Add 1 cup organic broccoli (par-boiled), chopped. Use 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese instead of Jarlsberg.
- Use Monterey Jack cheese instead of Jarlsberg cheese (as per original recipe).
adapted from Low Carb with Jennifer