Another super simple recipe and very versatile. The original recipe called for broccoli, but when you are in quarantine and only have onions, that will do!! See the recipe note below for other yummy combinations.
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup gluten-free soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 3-4 large garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot flour/starch
- 1 pound large wild caught shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed if desired
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- finely ground sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl add honey, soy sauce and garlic. Mix until combined.
- Place shrimp into a separate bowl and add ⅓ of the sauce. Toss and marinade for 30 minutes.
- Whisk in starch to reserved marinade and set aside.
- Heat a large pan on high heat, add oil and sliced onions, salt and pepper and cook 5-6 minutes just until soft. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add butter and shrimp to pan discarding marinade. Cook until the shrimp turns pink about 2 minutes each side.
- Add the reserved sauce and bring to a simmer. Add in the onions and toss until heated through.
- Serve over your favorite rice or pasta. Enjoy!!
Recipe Note: Here are some other yummy combinations…
- 1 pound wild-caught shrimp & 2 cups chopped broccoli (as per the original recipe).
- 1 pound organic free-range chicken (cut into thin medallion size pieces) & 2 cups chopped broccoli.
- 1 pound stir-fry grass-fed beef (round) & 1 large onion, sliced or 2 cups chopped broccoli.
adapted from Butter Your Biscuit