I’ve been wanting to make these since I had them when visiting friends in Charleston. I started with my favorite Classic Deviled Eggs recipe via Betty Crocker and then winged the rest. They are just as yummy as the ones I had in Charleston!!
- 6 hard-cooked pasture raised eggs, peeled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon ground dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pasture raised eggs, uncooked
- ½ cup all-purpose flour or brown rice flour for gluten free
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs ground finely in food processor
- extra-virgin olive oil cooking spray
- paprika, if desired
- Cut hard-cooked eggs in half, slip out yolks, set whites aside.
- Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise, dry mustard, sea salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place uncooked eggs, flour and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Whisk eggs.
- Dredge each egg white half, first in flour, then egg and then in breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Spray with EVOO cooking spray and place basket in the air fryer.
- Cook at 350℉ for 4 minutes, flip coated egg whites, spray again with EVOO and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Fill center of coated egg whites with egg yolk mixture. (I like to use a pastry bag)
- Garnish with paprika, if desired. Enjoy!!
Recipe Note: If your air fryer is not large enough to place coated egg whites in a single layer, it’s best to make them in separate batches so that the coated egg whites get crispy on all sides.