This is my go-to dessert recipe whenever I am craving something sweet and I want it quick! In 2-3 minutes, you have a gluten-free, low carb, sugar-free and guilt-free dessert! See recipe notes below for other yummy variations.
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee or coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- ½ tablespoon organic coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon organic cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons Erythritol (my two top brands are Wholesome and Swerve)
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 large pasture raised egg
- Melt butter in a mug or ramekin in a microwave (about 30 seconds). Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add almond. flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, erythritol, baking powder, salt, and egg. Stir until well combined. Smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Microwave 90 seconds, until firm.
- Let cool. Enjoy!!
Recipe Notes: Here are some other yummy variations…
- Eliminate cacao powder to make a vanilla cake.
- Eliminate cacao powder, add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and use Swerve Brown Sugar Replacement (sugar-free) for yummy coffee cake.
- See original recipe via Wholesome Yum for 5-minute Strawberry Shortcake In A Jar.
adapted from Wholesome Yum