I love this recipe because you basically open some cans, throw it all in a crock pot and depending on how patient you are, 4-7 hours later you have the most delicious chili. I have even skipped the ground turkey and added a 16oz can of cannellini beans instead for a delicious Vegan alternative.
- 1 (20 ounce) package lean ground turkey
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 2-3 large cloves)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (I eliminate from all recipes since I do not love the taste)
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- Cook and stir turkey in a large pan completely browned, 7-10 minutes. Transfer to crock pot.
- Stir all remaining ingredients into crock pot.
- Cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 7 hours.
- Serve in a bowl. Add some shredded cheddar, sour cream, and tortilla chips (all optional). Enjoy!
adapted from All Recipes